List of Typical IRA Maintenance Fees or IRA Custodial Charges From Selected Brokerages and Mutual Funds
This list is compiled from publicly avaiable information online and via phone or in-person interviews. Every effort is made to ensure that the information listed here is correct, but no guarantee or warranty is made regarding the accuracy of the information.
Annual IRA account fees are usually the same for both Roth IRAs and traditional IRAs.
IRA Maintenance Fees - No Minimum Balance or Other Requirements
- Fidelity Brokerage IRA Account Fee- $0
- Charles Schwab Brokerage IRA Account Fee- $0
- Sharebuilder / ING Direct - $0
- Vanguard Mutual Funds IRA Account Fee - $20
- BlackRock Mutual Funds IRA Account Fee - $15
- OptionsXpress IRA Account Fee - FREE
- ChoiceTrade IRA Account Fee - $30
- ScottTrade IRA Custodial Fee - $0
- Tradeking IRA Account Fee - $0
- TradeMonster IRA Account Fee - FREE
- Zecco IRA Account Fee - $30
- Wells Fargo IRA Account Fee - $50
- Bank of America IRA Account Fee - $0
- Merrill Lynch (Bank of America) - $0
- US Bank IRA Account Fee - $10
- Oppenheimer Funds - $15
- MorganStanley SmithBarney - $30
- Edward Jones - $300 (includes "management services")
- Raymond James - $50
If you find information that is incorrect, or if you would like me to add your favorite financial institution to this list, contact me with the name of the firm and a publicly viewable link with the fee information.
This is not an offer to buy or sell securities. This article and all information on FinanceGourmet.com is for general information and knowledge gathering purposes only; it is neither investment advice nor tax advice. Consult your tax professional for advice on your specific situation. Consult an investment professional for investing advice or financial planning.